Tuesday 26 November 2013

Hi From Elyssa! :)

Hello! I'm Elyssa, and I just came to live with Nikki on Saturday. :) I love my new friends, and Lindsay even likes acting, like me! :) We're sorry we didn't put this story on sooner, but Nikki was sick. She says I was great company when she had to just lie in bed. She also told me to say that messaging her friend Marcia on a forum helped a lot, too. ;)
Anyway, here's the story!

Lindsay was walking up and down in front of the mirror, turning and twisting and playing with her hair as she tried to see if she looked okay for my arrival.
"Kirsten?" she asked, seeing her friend's reflection.
"Yes?"
"Does this look alright?"
"Yes, of course it does! And I love your hair!"
"Okay, good. Thank you Kirsten!"
"You're welcome!"

 "What are you talking about?" asked Kit. Lindsay and Kirsten jumped. They hadn't heard her coming!
"Oh, it's you!" Kirsten laughed.
"We're talking about Elyssa," said Lindsay.
"Who?"
"Elyssa, the girl who's coming to live here today! Didn't you know?" Lindsay shook her head at Kit.
"A new girl's coming today, and you didn't tell me?"
"We thought you'd know," said Kirsten.

Just then the doorbell rang.
"That's probably her now!" said Lindsay, and the three girls ran towards the door.

Kirsten stooped at her bed.
"Oh, no!" she said. "My bed's not made!" She bent over it and started trying to straighten the blanket.

Lindsay opened the door, and a I stepped in.
"You must be Elyssa!" said Kit.
"Yes," I answered. "And you?"
"I'm Lindsay, and this is Kit."
"Okay. Pleased to meet you," I smiled.
"Can I call the others?" Kit asked me.
"Sure."
"HEY, EVERYONE! ELYSSA'S HERE!" she yelled, louder than I've ever heard anyone yell before.

Suddenly all I knew was that what sounded like a thousand stampeding buffalo were charging me, and I was surrounded by other girls! They all starting shouting hellos and asking me questions, and poor Kirsten couldn't even see me!
"Sorry!" said Julie as she ran past her.

As a last resort, Kirsten started jumping up and down behind Anna.

Finaaly I made my way through all of them and met her!
"Hi, Elyssa," she said. "I'm Kirsten."
"Hi. You seem to be the quietest!" I laughed. "How old are you?"
"Thirteen. How about you?"
"Fourteen."
"Cool! I'll show you around."
"Okay."

"This is my bed," she said.
"It's nice."
"Thank you."
"Where do I sleep?"
"In another part of the house, with me," said Lindsay.
"Cool!"
Just then, something hit me and almost knocked me over.

It was Nicki's dog, Sprocket! I screamed with surprise, just as Nicki came running up.
"Down, Sprocket, down!" she shouted sternly. "Get off Elyssa!"
Sprocket got down and whined.
"It's okay, Sprocket," said Nicki, patting his head. "You just mustn't jump up on people, especially new friends."
"Hi," I said.
"Hello," said Nicki. "Sorry about Sprocket."
"That's okay. He's cute! I love dog, but he just frightened me."


"I understand," Nicki grinned. "So, what kind of things do you like to do?"
"Well, lots," I answered, "but my favorite thing to do is act. I could act all day!"
"Really?" asked Lindsay. "I love acting too! I might even be in a movie soon!"
"Oh, that's great! I'm just in a local group for now, so I've only done plays."
"Still," said Lindsay, "that's really cool! And we get to stay together too!"

Julie came running up to us.
"You're an actress?" she said. "Have you been in any movies?"
"No, I was just saying, only plays."
"Oh, okay. I hope you're in movies one day. I love movies!"
"Lindsay smiled.
"Shall we carry on the tour?" she asked.
"Sure!" I laughed, and I followed them away from the bed.

"This is where most of us stay," said Lindsay. "There's the chair, a table, our closet, and the beds."
"Which one's ours?"
"The third bunk."
"Wow! That's pretty high!"
"Are you scared of heights?"
"No, I think it's cool!"
"Good. So do I. Just don't turn over!" We laughed.

"That is my bed," said Anna, pointing.
"It's pretty!" I replied. I really love her bed!
"She and Kirsten are the only ones who don't have to share!" said Molly. "Anna's older and taller, and Kirsten's bed is smallest!"
I took in everything they said with interest, then they led me somewhere else again, and Samantha came up to me.

"This is my doll, Annie," she said.
"Oh, she's lovely!"
"I love her very much."
"Is she American Girl?"
"Yes."
"Did you make her dress?"
"Yes, I did. Do you like it?"
"I love it!"
"If you've got a doll I can make one for you, if you'd like."
"Thank you very much, but I don't have one now. I might get one for Christmas or something though!"
"Okay. I hope you do!"
Cait came up to us.

"This is the mirror where Lindsay spends half her day," she laughed.
"She needs to make sure she looks goo for her performances, Cait!" said Samantha.
"Alright, alright. I was just kidding."

"Have you met my puppy, Benny?" asked Molly.
"No, I haven't," I said, scratching his ears. "He's sweet!"
"Thank you. He likes you!" Molly laughed as the little puppy licked my hand.

"What's your middle name?" asked Nicki.
I blushed a little. I always get embarrassed when people ask me that.
"Well," I said, I kinda have two."
Nicki laughed, but I didn't know why, because she sounded relieved.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Oh, I'm sorry if you thought I was laughing at you!" she said. "You see, I have two as well! I'm Nicki Valerie Jenna!"
"Really?" I laughed, happy to find someone else with an extra name. "I'm Elyssa Natalie Patricia!"
"Oh, that;s a lovely name!" said Nicki.
"Thank you," I said, blushing even more.
Nicki smiled.
"You want me to introduce you to everyone?"
"Yeah, that'd be cool," I said happily, and, person by person, I was introduced to the entire herd of buffalo (lol! :)).
I think I'm going to be very happy here. I miss my sister, who's away at boarding school, but I love being here, and I'm getting along really well with everyone! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment